Slow, high latency link

From: Adi Linden <adi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 17:09:27 -0500 (CDT)

I am working away at configuring squid to work over a slow, high latency
internet connection.

I am observing an interesting problem. A browser configured not to use the
cache will slowly load a page, images will appear on the screen one ofter
the other, etc.

If the browser is configured to use squid as a proxy, page don't seem to
come up until they're almost fully loaded.

And then there are some sites that will load fine but very slow without
cache but timeout with cache.

How can I tune or configure squid to behave and send objects to the client
as they're being retrieved?

Is there a value to adjust concerning http requests and timeouts? I
adjusted 'connect_timeout' and 'request_timeout' to 240 seconds without
any change.

TTYL,
Adi