logging..webtrends

From: Terry Singleton <terry@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 19:43:07 -0600

Has anyone tried using some of the 'more' commercial type apps for analysing
there logfiles, the free ones are quite good, the customer we are working
with needs something more user friendly, something like webtrends. And if so
has webtrends been able to extract user login type information if using, for
instance, smb_auth module?

It looks like to use tools like this I would need to set emulate_httpd_log
on, does that sounds accurate?

# TAG: emulate_httpd_log on|off
# The Cache can emulate the log file format which many 'httpd'
# programs use. To disable/enable this emulation, set
# emulate_httpd_log to 'off' or 'on'. The default
# is to use the native log format since it includes useful
# information that Squid-specific log analyzers use.
#
#emulate_httpd_log off