Re: Automatically connect to the Internet

From: Uilton Dutra <lista-net@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 11:01:11 GMT

Hi,

I don't know if you understood me, I want that LINUX connects the Internet Provider
automatically when a client win95 request.
To make this I only need to configure LINUX as router?

+--------+ Phone Line +-----+ +------+
|Internet|--------------|Linux|-------|Win95 |
|Provider| | BOX | |Client|
+--------+ +-----+ +------+

                        +------+
                        |Win95 |
                        |Client|
                        +------+

Regards,

Uilton Dutra

>Hi,
>
>>I have one LINUX box running squid with a dialed connection. I would like

>>that
>>LINUX box automatically connect to the Internet when a client request.
>>I believe that he is one script... Somebody has this script or knows to make

>>this?
>
>configure your LINUX box as a router. For example you have to do this if
>you are using ISDN4Linux. The best result is when you are using a AVM Fritz
PCI
>in your computer then you don't have to set any parameter.
>
>Regards,
>Ruprecht

>INTERNOLIX AG
>Ruprecht Helms