Comparison squid - Netscape Proxy

From: Thomas Mueller <thomasmueller@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 06:36:42 +0000

Hi all,

our company will install a proxy server soon.

For this server I would like to take squid, but unfortunately my chief does not like the idea of taking something different than any software which runs on Windows NT. We have also already some offers for the hardware. In these offers there is mentioned a Netscape Proxy Server 3.5.

Now I am looking for arguments why we should take squid. I was looking in the latest bakeoff at ircache.net, but did not found any benchmarks of this product.

Has anybody experience with both products and give some advice, which one should be preferrable. Some benchmarks would also be very nice so I could show my chief something.

I really don't like to deal with some proxy on Windows NT.

Thanks in advance.

Thomas Mueller

--
 The 3 great virtues of a programmer: