Proxy/port problems

From: Aubrey Davies <aubrey@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 10:55:12 +0200

Hi

I have a network containing PC's (win95/98 172.16.11.0/24)
I have a squid Proxy server running RedHat 6.0 and squid 2.3STABLE3

The proxy works fine for normal web sites. i.e it passes the info from proxy
to workstation

I have an application which needs to access a server through ports 15000 to
15010
These ports are enabled through the Safe_Ports in squid.conf so there is no
problem

On the Application server side I can see the ports being accessed but there
is no route back to the proxy, even though my proxy is a legal IP routable
address.

My question is does Squid allow port 15000-15010 to be accessed from the
outside in. I have tried using myport and port in the ACL but this does not
work.

It also seems that the non routable IP is being passed out by the proxy and
this is why there is no route back. Is this possible ?

TIA

Aubrey

Aubrey Davies (aubrey@isoft.co.za)
I-Soft Net Pty Ltd, 16 Napier Street, Cape Town, South Africa
Tel: 4197140
Mobile: 0832287064
SMS: 0832287064@sms.co.za
http://www.isoftnet.co.za