Re: Performance - Cache Dirs on journaling file system

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 21:30:36 -0500

Hi,

I've done extensive benchmarks on Squid/Reiserfs, and the short answer
is switch now and don't look back. ReiserFS is about 50% faster (I'm
being conservative...) and on an unclean reboot the system can be back
on line in seconds rather than minutes because no fsck is needed.
Nothing but good.

Honestly, I have no reservations about recommending Reiser for Squid.
We use it for all of our boxes and have, so far, had no problems due to
Reiserfs.

I've posted some of the benchmarks at:

http://www.swelltech.com/pengies/joe/index.html#benchmarks

Let me know if you have any problems, I can probably help you work them
out.

BTW-Use the rupasov hash, as it performs better for Squid directories.

                                 --
                    Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances