Re: squid performance

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 23:38:29 +0200

Ok, things to tweak:

1. Make sure you have enought disk spindles. It is a lot better having
many small drives than one large.

2. For filedescriptor tuning on Linux, see
http://squid.sourceforge.net/hno/

3. Other linux parameters you might need to tune are mostly some basic
TCP related things in /proc/sys/net/ipv4/
   tcp_max_syn_backlog
   tcp_fin_timeout
   ip_local_port_range

See /usr/src/linux/Documentation/networking/ip-sysctl.txt for some
documentation on these. Also browse some messages I have sent to
squid-users some weeks ago for a more in-depth discussion.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker