RE: High load squid server

From: Wisnu Wijayanta <wisnu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 12:04:03 +0700

Thank you,

> > Third,
> > are there any disk partitioning consideration regarding with squid
> > performance?
>
> I recommend one filesystem per disk drive. Never RAID.

But I only have single SCSI controller, and I think single RAID controller
will outperform 4 disks on a single scsi controller, am I right on this? On
the new machine, yes, I put many scsi controller... :)

> > Last, are the CPU load normal, do i need to think about dual
> > CPU options?
>
> Your CPU usage seems abnormally high for your request rate (7/sec).
>
> I wonder if you applied this patch?
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.3/bugs/#squid-2.3.stable3
-storeExpiredReferenceAge

I use the LFUDA option... , with proper configuration options of course...
Do I still have to re-patch my squid?

Thanks,

Wisnu.