Re: ICP with accel mode?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 00:45:16 +0200

A funny twist for accelerators:

You can configure the web servers as a parents. This allow you to use
any of Squids parent selection as load balancers, and also allows you to
make use of Squids "dead parent detection" to move away from dead
servers.

Hmm.. why didn't I think of this before. This approach can be used to
build fairly feature rich accelerator setups. cache_peer_access can be
used to make sure the request ends up on the correct backend server if
needed (URL space split on domain or some other criteria)

This might actually solve one upcoming problem of mine.. thanks for
asking the question ;-)

--
Henrik Nordstrom