Re: IE5 and https

From: Martin Brooks <martin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 07:30:13 +0100

At 15:24 28/06/00 +1100, Glen Blundell wrote:

>I have been configuring and Squid proxy (2.3.STABLE3) and have been able
>to get https (or SSL) working for Netscape and IE4 without much effort,
>but it wont work under IE5, and i dont get an error, it just never
>response.

I found an unspecified problem with IE5 and SSL that gave similar
symptoms. The problem seems to be when IE5 tries to negotiate an SSLv3
session with an Apache server. (I've only verifed this as being a problem
with SSL under Apache 1.3.12 and IE5).

The only way round it was to add a directive to the SSL configuration on
the Apache server so that MSIE client would be forced to negotiate an SSLv2
connection.

Regards

Martin A. Brooks
The package said Windows NT 4 or better - I installed Linux.