Two questions about client identification

From: Marc Dubrowski <marcus@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 12:13:15 +0200

Hi all,

We're using squid here on a test bastion-host. It runs twice: once as a
cache-proxy, once as a cache accelerator

Two questions:

1) As a cache accelerator, I'd like to have the logs identical to apache's.
That means having the description of the client's browser. Is it possible ? How?

2) As a cache proxy, I noticed that a lot of my users used Outlook to get their
mail on hotmail.com through squid. Is there a way to prevent the access of
these specific mail-clients, for security and bandwidth reasons (they keep it
on all night, sometime) ?

If there are any pointers, let me know..

Thanks In advance.

--
Marc Dubrowski
Kind of a Network Administrator