Re: Ftp Access

From: Marcos Castro <mbdecastro@dont-contact.us>
Date: 29 Jun 2000 07:59:04 -0700

Marton,

   It did work!
   I have a problem though...
   I have another acl which needs to be executed and it is:

   acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED
   http_access allow password
   http_access deny all

   How could I make the above rule and the one you explained below concerning ftp access work together?

   Thanks a lot!

Marcos Castro

On Thu, 29 June 2000, Marton Sándor Zoltán wrote:

> mbdecastro@cade.com.br wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am new to squid and I wonder if it is possible for me to allow only some users to have
> access to ftp sites and allow all users to have access to http sites.
> > Is there a rule that I can create in order to reach that goal? If that is true, how could I
> do that?
> 1. If the user(s) who are allowed to use ftp have specific IP addresses
> then :
> acl privilegedusers src ip.... (or range of IP addresses with netmask)
> acl noftp proto ftp
> .
> .
> .
> .
>
> http_access deny noftp !privilegedusers
> http_access allow all
>
> 2. If You use user names to identify the user(s) who access Your cache
> then:
>
> acl priviledgedusers ident username...
> acl noftp proto ftp
> .
> .
> .
> .
> http_access deny noftp !priviledgedusers
> http_access allow all
>

> But this works only if You don't have some other implementation to allow
> or deny
> access to specific services.
> --
> Sandor Marton - System Administrator
> Technical Department - Kronika Publishing House Cluj, Romania
> Tel:+40-64-420320 Fax:+40-64-420330 Mobil:+40-94-790066
> www.kronika.dntcj.ro

$1 million in prizes! 20 daily instant winners.
AltaVista Rewards: Click here to win!
http://shopping.altavista.com/e.sdc?e=3