Re: Question on hardware configuration

From: <alowe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 08:07:04 +1000 (EST)

> Your point is well taken. You might just be able to find a company that'll
> sell you a /new/ PC with a p2-266 - I think you'd find is harder to find a
> p166 :)
>
> You're absolutely correct, however, a p166 would probably be more than capable.

i work for a it support company, that does support and upgrades, etc for
businesses in town, and we often get asked to take away the "old junk"
p166's and 133 ar fairly common and make a good mail server, proxy server,
or database server for the isp side of the business...

you can often pick up second hand p166 or 133's for next to nothing as
well... but anyway..

andrew.lowe