Re: decrease time-out value for error messages?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 23:03:34 +0200

connect_timeout is supposed to take care of that. With the configuration
below the ERR_CONNECT_FAIL message should have been seen in 10 seconds
if the web server is not responding at all to TCP connects on port 80,
or immediately if it is refusing to accept connections.

If it accepts the connection but never sends back a reply then the
situation is a bit different. Not sure if we have a good timeout
variable for that case.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker