squid hanging

From: David Burris <davidburris@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 22:13:07 -0500

Squid works fine most of the time, but it will periodically hang while
trying to contact and bring up a web site. The
access.log and cache.log have no activity while Squid is hanging. The
message at the bottom of Netscape says that it has contacted the site
and is waiting for a reply (Connect: Host www.airfare.com contacted.
Waiting for reply...), but it never retrieves the page and it will not
retrieve any other page either. If I change my preferences to make a
direct connection to the Internet, the page comes up immediately. Why
is squid hanging?

Squid 2.3Stable.1
RedHat 6.1

Thanks,