httpd_accel not caching properly

From: Jack Moffitt <jack@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 12:03:06 -0700

Hello,

I recently set up squid to cache some semi-dynamic content produced by Apache
and PHP.

Using the Redhat 6.1 RPM for squid (2.2.STABLE4) with minimal changes to the
config file accept for enabling httpd_accel mode an adding "ignore-reload" to
the default refresh_pattern line.

Right now I have apache serving a static file (index.html) and i'm requesting it from squid (squid runs on port 80, apache on port 8080).

The problem is that squid ALWAYS logs a TCP_MISS and fetches a fresh copy of the file. It seems odd, since it's static, it hasn't changed, and no where in the headers is there a no-cache directive or anything else that looks like it would prevent Squid from caching the object properly.

Looking in cache.log I can't seem to find which test is failing, as there's an awful lot of output at the high debug levels.

Am I missing something really obvious? I had this working on another box just fine with the same config file. I just don't see why Squid won't use the object that is already in the cache... or why it's not putting it into cache in the first place.

jack.