connection reset by server

From: Dan Williamson <danw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 00:30:47 -0500

My squid box works perfectly on Red Hat 6.2 if everything is configured
manually. My goal however is to set it up transparently. I have a Cisco
router V12.1 IOS, the router is set-up with WCCP and set to V1. I have
tried both the ip_gre and ip_wccp methods. Both of these methods give me
the same results. The ip_gre method works faster, but both are the same.
My clients browsers come up with an error when they first visit a site that
says "the connection with the server has been reset." They then just have
to reload the page and everything works fine. They can then travel deeper
into the site with no problems. It only happens with that initial first
contact.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

Thanks,
Dan.