Squid and Virus Stuff

From: Leonardo Rodrigues <coelho@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 08:51:40 -0300

        People, I used to work with M$-Proxy, running on Windows NT ( of course ).
I just liked one thing on that combination: I had A LOT of server-based
antivirus to run, and protect my network from virus coming from Internet by
installing the server antivirus on the Web Proxy. Letīs forget about mail
stuff, letīs just talk about www infected files.

        But now Iīm running Linux with Squid, I seem to not have an online
antivirus option to run on it, so I have to get an antivirus running on
EACH machine, and updating all of them is very difficult.

        Question: Is there any way to get some Linux Antivirus running with Squid,
just like I could do with NetShield/Norton and M$-Proxy ???

        Hope hearing from you soon,
        Leonardo Rodrigues