Re: ftp proxy-server

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 21:10:58 +0200

The transparent approach does not make sense I think.

There are several FTP proxy softwares available:
a) TIS Firewall Toolkit ftp-gw
b) The FTP proxy in SuSe proxy suite

However, to my knowledge none rewrites FTP into HTTP for caching by a
HTTP proxy.. doing so is not at all trivial as the FTP protocol is
farily complex, and not really well suited for caching due to several
ambiguities in state tracking.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker