Re: Re: frontpage patch for client_side.c in squid 2.2 stable 5

From: Wayne Smith <wcsmith@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 22:52:13 -0400

The box has 640 Megs of memory, and doesn't swap much (if at all). I think
I've seen it up to 2 megs worth of swap during peak useage. The drives are
17 gigs, 15 gigs per drive set for cache storage. From the normal memory
calc, 10 megs per gig, 30 gigs you 300 megs worth of memory. I'm about
twice that. It's only running squid, apache (for cachemgr), and caching
DNS. That's it. Unneeded services weren't installed. I've never seen him
have swap issues... when it was first setup, I would do 'vmstat 5' during
peek useage and si & so wouldn't move. Same holds true for when it got a
little sluggish. I think you are right about it being localized to expiring
and unlinking files though... time for more digging.