transform capital letters in usernames?

From: Beck, Mike <Mike.Beck@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 13:00:45 +0200

i have squid set up with smb_auth so that it authenticates username/password
with the win NT PDC, this works fine, but it does not care about wether the
username is in capital letters. thus writing 'User' instead of 'user' will
still get an ok from smb_auth.
but with usernames in capital letters my accesslist rules won't work,
because one of my rules limits access to certain usernames. :

acl immer proxy_auth user1 user2 user3
http_access allow immer

so if someone tries to log in as 'User1' he gets an 'Access Denied'

is there any way to make squid ignore the case?

Thanks a lot,

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Mike Beck
Ingenieurbüro Miller

webmaster@ibmiller.de