A question about setting up a new Squid

From: Nazila Mofrad <mofrad@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 22:12:28 +0330 (IST)

Hi everybody,

I'm going to set up a new Cache Server on Linux. Based on what I read in this
mailing list, I think the following hardware specification should be sufficient
(specially from the rate between Hard/Ram's point of view):

- 50 G Hard (being divided into 2 IDE and 1 SCSI disk)
- 512 M RAM (considering the approximate ratio between memory/disk which is
5M/1G as I learned here)

We had a 2M incoming traffic (when full-load), and also two other cache servers
with the overall disk space of around 40 G.

Is there any idea on how good enough it is? As I learned, CPU power can hardly
be a bottleneck when it comes to Squid. Am I right?

All comments are fully appreciated.

Thanks,
Nazila M.