Squid 2.3-STABLE3 FATAL ERROR

From: <josepedro@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 10:13:55 GMT

Hi! I've set up a proxy server using squid-2.3.STABLE3,
runnig under redhat6.2 and it was working fine untill
yesterday. I cheched the cache.log file and there's an
error message that says: FATAL: Cannot open HTTP port.
I haven't made any chenges since i installed it ( 1 week
ago ), and i tried to check squid ( -k check ), but i get
a message of no squid running; if i try to start it, i
get a message of squid already runnig. I believe the the
no squid running error message is due to the FATAL error.
Can anyone help?
Thanks.

 PEDRO