Re: 2.3s3 memory leak?

From: Wayne Smith <wcsmith@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 12:31:48 -0400

You are right, the number of objects can vary radically. Imagine somebody
going to a page and pulling up a couple of hundred 1k thumbnail images.
Each one of those is an object that has memory assigned to track it. Take a
look at the number of objects that the directory store is holding, it will
be more definitive. The rough calculation is 13k per object... but 13 x 1k
objects can fit in the same space and have 13 times the amount of over head.

Squid 2.3 Stable 3 has the option for limiting the minimum object size.
Might be worth looking into.