Re: WCCP and 2 routers

From: Wayne Smith <wcsmith@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 12:50:55 -0400

Squid only supports WCCP version 1. WCCP verision 2 would need to be
licensed from Cisco (not likely to happen).

WCCP version 1 only allows for one router to talk to up to 32 caches (IIRC).
You can't have more than one router speaking to the same cache.

You are correct in stating that you could have two cache servers, each
router talking to only one cache server. The cache servers themselves could
be peers. Setting them up on a shared ethernet segment might be a bit of a
problem, as I'm unaware of any way to specify which router would talk to
which cache server. You might be able to filter WCCP hello messages on each
cache server to only speak with one router. Haven't heard of anyone trying
that.

HTH

Wayne Smith, CNE/MCSE/CCNP/CCDP
Computer Resources (http://www.cros.net)