Throttle / Limit Audio & Video Streams

From: Ballon, Mike, IT1 (N24) <ballonm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 11:18:33 -1000

I've read through the mailing list and faq and have yet to find a way to do
this, with squid anyway.

I currently have 400 users behind a Squid 2.x box that I use for caching and
filtering. We block everything from sex sites to warez stuff, and block all
streaming media. What I need (boss actually) is a way to allow streaming
media but limit the bandwidth on a global basis to around 8-10k per session.
Since there is a way to single out the streaming media itself there must be
a way to throttle just that and not everything.

Thanks...