Redirect before checking cache

From: Toby Dickenson <mbel44@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 14:19:42 +0100

I am looking to use a redirector with an http accelerator to load
balance across a cluster of identical application servers.

It seems that squid checks its cache after the redirector has been
called, using the redirected url. This is less than ideal for me,
since it will never used cached content if retrieved from a different
machine in the cluster.

I cant see a way to get squid to cache content using the url from
before redirection. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help,

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com