Access

From: Federico Fourcade <federicofourcade@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 00:09:19 -0300

Hello people
I'm a newbie in using squid. I've installed squid without any problem and it
is runnig ready to serve.
I'm using SuSE 6.2 and i'm trying to use squid with other clients.
(specially winnt machines running IE5.0).
Although i included "http_access allow my IP directions" line in the
squid.conf file, i couldn't reach the internet from the
NT machine. I receive error messages about access denied while the
permisions are set in the config file.
The modem is configured in the Linux Pc and i'm trying to reach the internet
using it.
I've read the hole faq, and didn't find any help regards my problem. I know
that you are bored about the same questions
all the time, but i can't solve my problem and i want my squid server
running at all.
The other thing, is there any program that solves modem dialing on demand
serving calls from NT machines?. Reach the internet using the modem in the
Linux box?
Thanks in advance
Federico Fourcade
Argentina