Re: web server hub? (Newbie question)

From: Wong Shin Neng <wsn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 12:51:34 +0800

Sounds good. Hence, it is possible to provide web hosting facilities to a
private network using Squid, right?

What I have in mind is this-> request from the internet comes in -> the
public dns will map the public name to a public IP -> a virtual server takes
the request and do NAT to a proxy server -> the proxy server forwards the
request to the appropriate web server based on an internal dns.

If this architecture works, does this mean that it is possible to host
multiple server (carrying private IPs) using only a single public IP
address?