ACL & IP LISTS

From: Jon Steel <jon.steel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 14:56:16 +0100

Hello

I'm a newbie in using squid. I've installed squid without any problem and it
is running ready to serve.

I'm probably being greedy by asking two questions, but here goes anyway...

1. I am having trouble getting access control lists to work, I am trying to
block a specific site from being accessed with the following lines:
        acl notosite dstdomain www.dontgototthissite.com
        http_access deny notosite

and the site is still accessible. I am misinterpreting this command?

2. Is there any way of logging IP numbers of machines that access the cache,
and the sites they go to, e.g.

        194.121.222.1 www.yahoo.co.uk
        194.121.222.1 www.yahoo.com
        194.121.222.1 www.excite.com

etc.

I apologise in advance if these have already been answered previously, but
any help that could be provided would be appreciated.