Transparent but need ident

From: <kmoderow@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 16:31:56 GMT

I've looked hard for an answer to this before submitting.

My Win9x clients will run identd.exe and when configured to use the squid
on port 3128 my ident ACLs work great.

When in transparent mode according to the widely read HOWTOs, no auth
lookup takes place.

I think this is an IPCHAIN issue because the only real difference between
my "client config" and "transparent" modes is the

80 -j REDIRECT 3128

IPCHAIN command.

So, can squid do ident lookups while configured transparently? And, if
so, what IPCHAIN(S) do I need to make it happen?

Thanks
-Kevin