Re: Squid is slower on FreeBSD 3.x?

From: Chris Dillon <cdillon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 15:52:03 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000 Jjlisic@fwenc.com wrote:

> You might be able to just do a header count for HTTP/FTP/etc... by logging
> a session of tcpdump on your NIC(s) and just writing a quick program to
> parse for what you want and determine your load. I'm not sure what the
> overhead involved with doing this might be so it would just be an estimate.

I just use Calamaris, which processes and analyzes my logfiles after
the fact and can tell me just about everything I want to know.

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and Alpha architectures. ( http://www.freebsd.org )