Re: list

From: Ben Fowler <tech@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 18:00:52 +0100

At 04:54 AM 7/19/00, you wrote:
>Is there another list that answer newbie's questions???
>Nobody answered mines
>regards
>federico fourcade

Isn't it awful. Few people respond to mine either.

In your case it might be because yours are not squid-related.

At the LDP you can find a wide variety of HOWTOs, you
may want to check the modem and the IP forwarding
HOWTOs. In the meantime you might want to read the list
for six weeks or so to get a feel of which questions are
asked well and get good answers or discussions in response.

Items covered well in the FAQ ought not to come up frequently.

You might be able to improve the squid documentation by pointing
out where in the FAQ or other material the information that
you were seeking belongs. Either you or someone who enjoys
amending the FAQ could make a patch.

You might also want to do a search on deja news or google for
advice on writing good subject lines. Maybe the individuals
who knew how to answer your question simply passed over your
subject without reading the question: I know that I did.

FWIW, squid is not easy to configure and with each release
it is becoming more complex. I found it useful to use the
HTTP based squid management tool to see what state squid
is in, and to study the logs as requests came in.

You will also need to check that you have a suitable DNS service.

Ben.

--
Leedsnet - The information resource for Leeds and the West Riding
< URL:http://www.leedsnet.com/ >