authenticate_program using perl

From: Mike Hickey <mikehi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 18:42:57 +1200

Hi

I've written a small program in perl for Squid proxy authentication. My passwd
file is NCSA format with an extra field tagged on for user expiry time.
It works fine from the command line and takes the passwd file as an argument
and continually reads from stdin for a username/password pair and returns either
ERR or OK.

Squid starts ok and launches a process for my auth.pl script but when I get
challenged in netscape and enter a username/password netscape just sits there
with the little comet logo flashing by - it doesn't even time out.

Nothing shows up in the logs.
Is there a chance that the username/password are not being passed all the eay
to my script somehow? Or maybe I should be reading in via something other than
stdin in my script?

I can post the code if it will help (about 60 lines).

Thanks
Mike