A newbie question: A high range of PAGEFAULTS

From: Nazila Mofrad <mofrad@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 14:00:18 +0330 (IST)

Hi,

First of all, sorry if this question has been already answered here (although I
performed a search and didn't fine that). I have a huge amuont of page fault on
Squid cache server. I got it from MRTG's output. It's about 750 Kb/s, even
though the usage of memory is around zero! The total memory of the server is 192
Meg., and it has 25 G hard disks. The output of "top" command shows using around
%90 of the momory by Squid process.
The point is there is another Squid cache on another computer with 192 M RAM and
29 G hard disk, but without this range of page fault.

Can anyone point me out to the factors which make these differences or the hight
rate of page faults?

All comments are mostly appreciated.
thanks,
Nazila M.