BUG with dont_cache not working if object is already cached.

From: Ola Garstad <olag@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 12:06:40 +0100

We are running Squid/2.2.STABLE4 and have a problem with the "dont_cache"
statement.

We use dont_cache on sites that are using the same file name for
download, but don't seem to set any date on the file. Thus the user
gets an old version when he downloads.

The problem seems to be that if the file ALREADY is in the cache,
before we include it in the dont_cache rule, then will squid continue
to give the user the cached (old) version. Clearing the cache makes
squid work like it should, always giving the user the latest version.

If seems like squid is checking the cache contents BEFORE it checks
the rules on this.