Re: squid not caching *.mov files

From: Lothar Speil <lspeil@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 15:56:25 +0200

Hi!

There's the cacheability checker: http://www.mnot.net/cacheability/

Ciao,
Lothar

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: root@mail.checkout.com [mailto:root@mail.checkout.com]Im Auftrag
von John Castillo
Gesendet: Samstag, 22. Juli 2000 01:22
An: squid-users@ircache.net
Betreff: squid not caching *.mov files

hello all,

i'm trying to use wget and squid to cache *.mov files from a particular
site that is hit often by my users. i have setup squid properly in that
it caches just about everything else. jpg's gif's html... etc... i can
view my cache objects using the cachemgr.cgi utility.

what is not happening is that the *.mov files are NOT being cached.

i've even gone through the effort of creating a txt file with the URL
links to the mov files... such as

http://somesite.com/videos/somefile.mov
http://somesite.com/videos/somefile2.mov
etc...

and done wget -i URLfile

the files seem to happy download to my current working directory, but
the size of my /cache partition never changes.. no files are cached and
its confirmed by the cachemgr.cgi

is that a flag that somesite.com turned on to tell squid to not cache
those *.mov files? what can i look up?

john castillo