Re: direct...

From: Andrew Lowe <alowe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 12:32:49 +1000 (EST)

hi,
ive tried setting up my never_direct here are the parts of my squid.conf:

cache_peer proxy.pccentre.com.au parent 3128 0 no-query
prefer_direct off

acl myserver dstdomain 192.168.41.4
always_direct allow myserver
never_direct deny myserver
never_direct allow all

here is what is logged in the access.log:

964662156.245 127808 192.168.22.80 TCP_MISS/503 1054 GET
http://192.168.41.4:8080/ - FIRST_UP_PARENT/proxy.pccentre.com.au text/html

i can see that it is definatly still going to the parent, not only because
of the access.log, but also because the error page the browser gets is
generated by the parent: "no route to host"

i also would like this to work for local: 192.168.22.x servers as well,
but their not as important as this one...

thanks in advance
andrew lowe