Async-io (threads)

From: Vincent Y H Man <8vyhm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 12:09:37 -0400 (EDT)

Hello all,

I'm using Squid2.2stable5 with async enabled. Recently I've been getting
errors that say:

aio_queue_request: WARNING - Running out of I/O threads

After the queue gets too long, it says:

aio_queue_request: Async request queue growing uncontrollably
aio_queue_request: Syncing Pending I/O operations.. (blocking)

and then squid just stops.

questions:
how do you determine the number of threads we should compile with?
(had it compiled with 32, recompiled it with 64)

can we determine the number of threads opened by async?

The errors seem quite straight forward, so maybe I have missed something
obvious. Has anyone had any errors similar to what I have?

Thanks y'all

Vincent