Squid DNS Problem?

From: Paul Quilty <paul@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 14:37:46 +1200

Hi

I am having problems with my squid proxy servers.

We have tracked down a problem with dns, taking a while to respond and timeout of non responding servers.

what happens is requests queue up and the squid seems to wait for them before it will make a connection. This is slowing down the time it takes to server pages to the customers.

any ideas on what we can do to fix this.

We have installed a nameserver on the proxy itself and configured it to forward requests out to other close nameservers, ie upstream dns servers and others that are close to us.

still the dns manages to get a large backlog and slows down the proxy.

would you be able to send us a copy of your squid.conf file ??
and what options did you use with the ./configure when you were bulding squid?

Thank you