Re: No URL error

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 16:35:22 -0600

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Duwayne Engelhardt wrote:

> I am running Linux-Mandrake 6.0 with Squid 2.2 Stable 4 on a DSL connection.
> When submitting forms or signing on to some sites, most recently-
> www.placeware.com/krm , Squid will return a "No URL". I have tried it with
> the same results using IE 5.01, 5.5, and Netscape 4.74. All of the browsers
> perform correctly when dialing the ISP directly. Is this a persistence
> problem or should I look for a way for the browsers to return a complete URL
> when posting?

you are probably getting confused by Squid's poorly-written error
message. "No URL" isn't an error. The error is something else
(like hostname unknown, or request denied) but squid prints
"no URL" because it doesn't have the URL string at that place
and time.

So there is a bug that Squid doesn't know the URL when it prints
the error. I think that bug got fixed in a later version,
so maybe you want to try version 2.3.stable4.