Re: squid and ldap

From: Lee Shakespeare <lee@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 15:14:40 +0100

MILIN Jacques wrote:

> hello,
> i want install an squid proxy on my debian server but is it possible to
> work with an other ldap server for the proxy authentification.
> thanks

Yep. You pass the name of the ldap server in the squid.conf file :

authenticate_program /usr/local/squid/bin/squid_ldap_auth ldaphost

And you specify the searchbase in the squid_ldap_auth program itself :

#define SEARCHBASE "ou=people,dc=webfoundry,dc=co,dc=uk"

Regards,
 Lee.

--
Lee Shakespeare   lee@webfoundry.co.uk