Re: Squid, Wingate and name resolution !?

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 13:05:47 +1000

Hi Laurent,

two things:

1) As far as I recall, wingate's caching mechanism does not read
content-expiry headers, or last-modified dats in http data, it just keeps
the page local for x days. You may want to put squid in front of wingate, if
that is possible. In fact you can probably do everything you want with unix
tools.

2) for DNS, configure squid to use the wingate machine as a dns server, and
configure wingate to do DNS proxying. (It may be on by default). either edit
your /etc/resolv.conf, or your squid.conf to only list the wingate machine.

Rob