Re: Re : Error In Squid

From: Alessandro Bruciamonti <abruciamonti@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 08:51:45 +0200

Hello all!

I noticed a strange behaviour of the "visible_hostname" statement in
squid.conf.

Recently I upgraded some squid 1.x server to 2.x (RedHat 6.2), and all
works well except visible_hostname.

Configuration file is nearly "out of the box", and squid operates well
unless I set "visible_hostname° to something like
myhostname.mydomain.it:90.

visible_hostname myhost.mydomain.it:90

(This is required since users connects to an http server on port 90 to change
their squid password)

Note that myhost.mydomain.it is an "internal" host and it is resolved by
DNS and all the network is operating as usual.

Such statement worked well for 1.x squids, but 2.x squids "abort"
writing something like

    url_parse illegal character 'myhost.mydomain.it:90' in
visible_hostname

The statement, exactly as above, works if I set http_port to 80 in
squid.conf leaving everything else unchanged.

Since the two statement are, in my opinion, unrelated I may have found a
bug in squid configuration, since they worked in old versions, or I may
miss something important in configuration files.

I've not found anything related to this behaviour, may you help me ?

Thank you in advance and ciao from Italy.

Alessandro