Re: Is my proxy will still work properly if I comment lines in src/http.c in order to use RealPlayer

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 22:04:39 +0200

Sébastien LETARD wrote:

> I'd like to know what the following code is for in the httpReadReply(int fd, void *data) function from src/http.c in 2.2-STABLE5
>
> /* } else iF (len == 0 && entry->mem_obj->inmem_hi == 0) {
> * debug(50, 5) ("httpReadReply: FD %d: read failure: %s.\n",
> * fd, xstrerror());
> * ErrorState *err;
> * err = errorCon(ERR_ZERO_SIZE_OBJECT, HTTP_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE);

It returns an error to the client if the server closed the connection
prior to sending any response.

> I have commented out all these lines in the httpReadReply(int fd, void *data) function and it works now !
>
> So, Is my squid proxy going to hang and core-dump ? When ? Often ?

Your Squid will be fine. The effect is that it will fall through to what
it does when the server closes the connection in the middle of sending
the response: simply close the client connection as well, without
sending an error message.

Not sure which method is preferable from a RFC point of view.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker