squid exiting due tosignal 4

From: Egi Krisztian <egi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 14:25:56 +0200 (CEST)

Dear squid users,
I have an Alpha axp-150 running debian 2.2 (potato), and I repeatedly get the "child process exiting due to signal 4" messages in
/var/syslog after executing squid 2.2 Stable 4, and all my child processes
die out in a few seconds. I tried to solve the problem several ways,
but finally I came to the conclusion that something is wrong with
the kernel (2.2.15 and 2.2.16), because with the generic kernel
(jensen5.img, which used for the install) it works.
I also searched the squid-users, debian-alpha and axp-redhat lists for a
solution, but I only found some words complaining about possible bugs in
glibc.

I really hope there's a solution, and I would be very pleased if anybody
sent me some words about it.

MANY THANKS,

Krisztian Egi