Access log problems

From: Premkumar Iyangar <eedpiy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 15:00:56 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,
  I am a squid user and have configured squid2.3 stable3 version as a
proxy cache in my office. there is already one existing version 2.2. when
i test MY squid,although the cache.log and store.log files show relevant
entries, access.log is empty and has not been registering HITS.
but my browser configuration for squid is working and i can actually
access pages.
i am wondering whether this is my squid working or the other one.also
cache.log file shows, received 0 requests.
Please help,

Regards,
Prem Iyangar.