Re: 32 bit I/O DMA and IDE drives

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2000 19:29:32 +0200

If DMA is stable with your drive,chipset combination, then enabling it
might speed things up by freeing the CPU from the IDE disk I/O
operations, allowing it to spend more time on networking/squid. This is
however assuming that the CPU is the bottleneck in your configuration..

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker