Re: AW: Squid as reverse proxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 18:40:30 +0200

It is required for proper operation of "httpd_accel_host virtual".

If you are not using the redirector, then you must be using host based
acceleration (httpd_accel_uses_host_header on). In such case, make sure
to set httpd_accel_host to you main server name, not "virtual". Also,
only a single IP is required on the accelerator. Having multiple IP's
won't make a difference then.

The drawback is that if someone using a old client which is not sending
a Host header, then they will not be able to reach other domains than
the main domain listed in httpd_accel_host.

/Henrik