Site access problem.

From: John Deschamps <jdescham@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 07:57:00 -0400

I suscribe to a fee based technical support forum, which is having problems with their name servers that their hosting company provides. Their suggested temporary fix for now was to enter their site in the hosts file of the windows client pc. This works fine as long as I bypass the squid proxy cache. If I attempt to use the cache, I get the following error:

"While trying to retrieve the URL: http://theforums.com/cgi-bin/HyperNews/get/ms/nts.html

The following error was encountered:

  Unable to determine IP address from host name for theforums.com
The dnsserver returned:

  Server Failure: The name server was unable to process this query.
This means that:

 The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.
 Check if the address is correct."
I edited the hosts file on my squid box to include the affected site, but this has not helped.
Not running any local DNS servers.
Any Ideaz?
Thanks,
John